• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Kit and more

bac XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just ordered the lift, 4.5'' RE6130 superflex and i have plans on aa sye, tom woods hd drive shaft, 15x8 wheels, and 33x12.5 m/t tires, i have a few questions.

-how much trimmming would i need to do for the 33'' tires?
-should regearing be something to think about in the near future or will i be alright for awhile? (side affects of waiting to regear?)

any other thoughts or suggestions are appreciated

plan to cut the fender at bumper height at least, depending if your gonna run with no sway bar, rear should be fine, re leafs are on the stiff side, you will rub when completely flexed when turning

auto or stick?

stick with 3.07's definately
auto with 3.55's, im sure there is worse out there, see above

if i had to buy tires again, i would get a 33x10.5 no doubt, the 12" wides are just tough to keep from not rubbing unless you go with fiberglass fenders or something

You shouldn't need to trim to much. But a lot of people do and I probably would. You are gonna want to regear soon. running the stock gears will kill your gas mileage and will put a lot of stress on the tranny. You should probably get a tranny cooler to. Plus it is going to be pretty slow while accelerating and woun't be to great off road

it is an automatic, 1999 i have already started trimming some i am just wondering how much is enough, i guess ill have to wait to see

i have the RE 4.5 with coil spacers and new shakles, And i clear 33's no prob in the back and a lil trimming in the front inner corner.

Regear with 33s? No doubt! You'll hate the acceleration and gas mileage until you do. Might I suggest 4:56s or 4:88s? (4:88s would be MY choice)
At 4.5", the 33s will need a little trimming, but not too much.

BillR said:
Regear with 33s? No doubt! You'll hate the acceleration and gas mileage until you do. Might I suggest 4:56s or 4:88s? (4:88s would be MY choice)
At 4.5", the 33s will need a little trimming, but not too much.

haha o yea, acceleration and gas mileage...i get 13.4 city/ highway and 14 strictly highway...acceleration sucks especially on the highway going up an inclince...do gears for sure.

Back