• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what kind of code reader for a 91

livewire

NAXJA Forum User
what kind of scan tool do you need for a 91. I have an 87 and know it is a renix. My dad was just given a 91 for free. can I flash the codes on the dash board or do i need a tester

Pretty sure '91 is same as my '93 (Pre OBD-II). Just rock the key from off to ign-on 3 times (do not crank) and the third time leave the kwy in the on-position. The check-engine light will start flashing. The number of flashes equals the code number digit. Check out this site for the code meanings....

http://www.zjilla.com/tech_codes.htm

Yeah - ChryCo lets you flash the codes on the MIL light as described. If you're set on a code reader, you can get pretty much anything that will talk to ChryCo OBD-I for under $200 (I bought an AutoX-ray kit for $150 that talks to "big 3" OBD-I when my mother-in-law got that damn Sable...)

You'll lose a couple functions with the low-buck readers, but it's nothing you can't live without...

5-90

Back