• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

radius arm mount?

lndrvrxj

NAXJA Forum User
Well i am going to be putting in my EB 44 soon. The idea i had on mounting the arms to the frame rail is this.......sleeving the frame rails and using this bracket to have high clearance. I will be sleeving the hole going through the frame rail. Now with that said will there be any clearance issues with the arms and the frame rail when flexing?....any thoughts?
imga0156.jpg

When going to radius arm mounts, you will need to watch your caster angle so as not to induce deathwobble.

Of course, this all depends on how much lift you want to run, but mounting the arms that high may give you some problems. You can buy offset wedge bushings to bring the caster back down, but I think the most you can get are 7 degrees.

Just something to keep in mind. As for your original question: If you are really flexing allot, I think you may run into clearance issues. Remember that those joints will not locate the axle laterally....your trackbar will. When you flex, the trackbar will pull your axle to one side or the other. It doesn't look like you have the room for those links to move laterally at all before they hit the frame.

Just my $.02

Jay

not sure what those links have between them and the bolt but it looks like it won't be able to rotate when flexing the threads with be rotating in the arm to make up. also if it were me i would box in the tab u have welded on for support up and down.

bj-666 said:
...also if it were me i would box in the tab u have welded on for support up and down.

ditto, that tab, as pictured, would only add strength in a longitudinal direction.

MaXJohnson said:
ditto, that tab, as pictured, would only add strength in a longitudinal direction.

if it was boxed fully top and bottom and just back from the joint it would add strength in all directions.

It wont clear the framerail forward of that point,mine are mounted about 3" inboard of there and it just clears!
crossmember.jpg

So i think i will just box the frame rails and make brakets on the bottom. I do not want the mounts on the crossmember. because of removel issues(just my pet peeve)...seems like it might be a pain in the ass. what degree bushings is everyone running on about 6 to 6.5 of lift.....

Back