• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2wd Slip Yoke in a 4wd / T-Case drop ??

lickdj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys Ive got 2 questions

I have a 1990 xj with the NP231 T-case and currently I have the yj slip yoke on the driveshaft to give me a little bit of extra length. What id like to know is , is it possible to put a slip yoke from a 2wd xj onto my driveshaft.

The other question is I have a 1" T-Case drop and I dropped my crossmember down however one bolt it thread side down and the other is bolt side down. There is no way to get inside the frame rail without cutting so how the heck do I get the bolt out when I can seem to figure a way to get it in and I dont know how I can put the new longer bolt in.

I ask these because my Full Traction 6" long arm kit just arrived and i'm going to need all the length I can get. I know I need to use a slip yoke elminator but I dont want to do that until I am ready to put my 8.8 axle in. Just because I want the new driveshaft built exactly for the 8.8 .

Thanks D.J

For that crossmember bolt use vice grips and heat it up and it should come out. The nut inside the frame rail is welded. Thats what worked for me but then again there isn't any salt used here.
HTH
DuG

Last edited:
For the t/case studs i apologize but I cant remember the name of tool but it is round maybey 2.5" in diamiter and maybey 1/2" thick. They sell them at napa autozones kragen. It has a hole on one side that you put the threads into and the whrench connection on other. As it rotates a ribbed metal disks swings around to grip threads to turn w/out stripping. Safer than vicescrips. Not sure about yoke from 2wd-4wd but i'm guessing that the nomber of teeth are different.

family XJ said:
For that crossmember bolt use vice grips and heat it up and it should come out. The nut inside the frame rail is welded. Thats what worked for me but then again there isn't any salt used here.
HTH
DuG
Ok I just dont see me being able to fit that nut threw the whole come out. Even if I did how do I get the new longer one in.

Thanks D.J

You don't see being able to fit what nut through what hole?? It's a stud...aka a bolt with no head. Read http://yuccaman.com/jeep/tcase.html - there's not much to removing the stud, you simply replace it with a longer bolt and a spacer between the 'frame' and crossmember and you're done...

Back