• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi-lift jack mounting..

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hi gang,

I am looking for ways to mount my hi-lift jack. I will be getting a rear bumper with jack mount, but I need to carry it a different way in the meantime.

Right now, I just have it lying in the back. I have seen people mount them on the front or rear bumpers and on roof racks (factory). I don't want to buy a mounting kit to use for a coupe of months.

Any ideas? I would like to mount it on the factory roof rack somehow.

Thanks,

Robert

Are you running that one? Got pics of it installed?

-Mike

Found IT for those interested. Scroll about 1/2 way down the page. HTH.

-Mike

You can do the same thing with the factory rack. Just drill a hole in each crossbar and put a bolt through with a nut on the other end to hold the bolt in place. Then put the hilift on it, then a washer, and last a wingnut holding the hilift on. Then you can remove the hilift when needed without any tools.

XJBill said:
You can do the same thing with the factory rack. Just drill a hole in each crossbar and put a bolt through with a nut on the other end to hold the bolt in place. Then put the hilift on it, then a washer, and last a wingnut holding the hilift on. Then you can remove the hilift when needed without any tools.

Thats if you have the factory rack or any rack for that matter. I was just pointing out what RuggedJeep was talking about and even pointing out a pic of it.

-Mike

I appreciate all of the input. The inside mount is nice, but I have the 60" jack. I had thought of just drilling and bolting, but was wondering what other options there may be.

I will be mounting it on my rear bumper, once I get it.

Thanks,

Robert

Mike L said:
Found IT for those interested. Scroll about 1/2 way down the page. HTH.

-Mike

That doesn't look practical to me......you'd always have gear stacked in front of it that would have to be moved to get to the jack. Unless I'm missing something........

Goatman said:
That doesn't look practical to me......you'd always have gear stacked in front of it that would have to be moved to get to the jack. Unless I'm missing something........

LOL, that was my problem when I had to change my tire during the Rubicon trip. All my gear was in front of the Hi-Lift and I had to pull everything out to get to it. It is not on that mount, it is right behind the rear seat between my tool box and the seat. It sure was a PITA to get to it and time consuming. It would have been easier if I had a mount on my bumper or if the Jeepers going on diets would carry their Hi-Lifts.

-Mike

drill some holes in the factory rack and run some 3/8" bolts throught the holes, set your jack on there and there you go. It would be even better if you used some threaded knobs, that way you dont need any tools to remove it. If you want i can get you some 3/8" threaded knobs, the only thing is that you will have to pick them up....i know its a far drive

Erik

olympic4x4tech said:
drill some holes in the factory rack and run some 3/8" bolts throught the holes, set your jack on there and there you go. It would be even better if you used some threaded knobs, that way you dont need any tools to remove it. If you want i can get you some 3/8" threaded knobs, the only thing is that you will have to pick them up....i know its a far drive

Erik

Sounds good to me. Just let me know how much I owe you. Can you get the bolts and the knobs? How would I secure the jack so it would not get stolen?

How's your ride coming along?

Happy Holidays!

Robert

Ill try to grab all the stuff you will need to mount your jack on your factory rails. I will be around pretty much this whole weekend. give me a call when you have time 714-728-3341. No charge. consider it an xmas gift.

olympic4x4tech said:
Ill try to grab all the stuff you will need to mount your jack on your factory rails. I will be around pretty much this whole weekend. give me a call when you have time 714-728-3341. No charge. consider it an xmas gift.

Dude, Thanks.

Are you available this evening? I am going up to Torrance for the weekend. We are goign early tomorrow. My sister-in-law needs some repairs on her Honda Pasport and I am going to take care of it for her.

You can give ma a call if you want: 714-319-7135.

Thanks again,

Robert

Back