• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

31's without lift - How bad will they rub?

QKRTHNU

NAXJA Forum User
I have the opportunity to trade tires with someone. 31"

I won't be doing any wheeling until it's lifted. How bad will 31's rub during Daily Driving on pavement? Just in tight turns & big bumps or all the time?

I just want to know if it's doable until I lift it (which will be sooner than originally planned if I do the trade.)

This is on a 95' XJ Sport

Thanks.

they'll probably rub over every little bump. Can you throw a 2" lift on there to accomodate them while you get the time/cash for a better suspension? They can be bought pretty cheap and are an EZ install.

You really should do at least a 2" Budget Boost to fit those.

88 stocker, 31's, saggy rear end. I only seem to notice the oversize tyres when I hit a fairly significant bump or at full lock when turning - and the bumps usually require a few hundred pounds to notice.

With on-road driving you won't note too much of a problem. I've been driving that way for the last two years (long story.)

5-90

just do some fender cutting, you'll be fine. Seriously though, even with 2" you will rub. I put a 3" superlift on my buddies XJ and 31s, they still rubbed a bit. Turning will be your main concern.

Back