• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Would these help my winch bumper

cloudswimmer

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

I have a newer Olympic rock winch bumper which only ties into the three frame mounting bolts, not good I know.Eventually down the road when/ If get more into rock crawling I'll probably get a C-Rok or Rigid bumper, but for now the way my rig sits (about 6 1/2" on 33's) and the type of use it gets I kinda like my Olympic bumper.I would like to be able to use my winch/D rings though and not rip the bumper off the frame.I'm not going up waterfalls or doing JV type stuff, just need to be able to winch myself out of muddy situations in the Sierras occasionally, and pull some bolders out of the way with my rock net for gold prospecting every now and then.At the bottom of this link are some frame tie in plates

http://www.jcroffroad.com/XJfrontbumpers.htm

Do you guys think these would work for my situation right now?I also have the C-Rok inner and outter plates on order of which I think the outter plate is the same as the drivers side plate on the bottom of this link.

Thanks.............Chris

Last edited:
This bumper is currently mounted to the STOCK mounting points ?? Do I have that right ? At a minimum I would get a set of front tow hook brackets and install them, either rusty, custom 4x4 or factory OEM ones...

Yes its three bolts on the side (no bottom bolt) like you see on this one from AJ's Offroad Armor.It also has two custom 4x4 D Ring brackets bolted on the bottom where the tow hooks are made to bolt to on the front of the bumper.I was thinking by adding the C-Rok steering box brace, and the passenger side brace from the above link, it might strengthen the whole setup
AJORA_Front_035.jpg

Last edited:
Back