• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Years

Captain Ron

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone thinking about doing the first event on the schedule?

I won't be doing my annual "get drunk, fall down" Twin Harbors trip, so I'm looking fer something.

--ron

Captain Ron said:
Anyone thinking about doing the first event on the schedule?

I won't be doing my annual "get drunk, fall down" Twin Harbors trip, so I'm looking fer something.

--ron

I'm thinking about snow run on Sunday (Jan 2nd) or Monday (got Monday off from work :party: ) but that's still up in the air depending on a few other things.

Dan Turner said:
We'll be arriving some time on the 26th.
:bawl: I got both Mondays off and I thought I would spend the first Monday wheeling :bawl:
Oh well looks like I'll be junkyard hunting or something instead :D

PM4x4 does Truckhaven for New Years, so I guess it's that and/or Calico.

--ron

PS: Missed Dan last time there, we got there late Friday, got lost in a gazillion RV's, and headed over to Rainbow Wash to camp. Didn't get back over there till late morning...

Goatman's Club, the Bakersfield Trailblazers (I think tha'ts the name at least...) does Calico over New Years every year. PM Goatman if you're interested I'd say...

...I'll be drinking on Downtown L.A. instead.

GSequoia said:
Goatman's Club, the Bakersfield Trailblazers (I think tha'ts the name at least...) does Calico over New Years every year. PM Goatman if you're interested I'd say...

...I'll be drinking on Downtown L.A. instead.

I'll be there Thursday night, and we'll run Fri-Sun. Sat is a poker run, so maybe you can win something. :)

Come awn....

jjmat3 said:
Any particular requirements for your Sat. run? Can anyone attend? Whats the plan for the day? Thanks.

Requirements are normal Cal4wheel safety equipment. Non-members are both welcome and invited. Saturdays run is also a poker run, $5 per hand, and we're going to run up Doran and down Odessa. We have a few optional side canyons on Doran that make it as interesting as you want. Difficulty will be from stock to modified.

We'll stage at the Calico campground around 8:00 am. Saturday evening will be a dinner and raffle, and the registration covers dinner for two.

Maybe we'll see you there? :)

im going to this run....
since its GONA BE RAINING... im gona stay in a motel in Barstow...
if anyone wants to join me (split the cost) pm me or something...
weather.com says its gona rain on the 28, 29, 30, 31.... so um ya.. i dont wana be camping in the rain... (i would have to drive 4 hours out of my way to get my tent... heater.... then i would have to dry them afterwards.... not fun in an appartment)
cost of a motel in barstow is like $40.. so we'd split it or somethin....
barstow is 10 mins away from the trailhead of both pumpkin eater and doran/odessa canyons
so um ya.... leme know.....

witt said:
im going to this run....
since its GONA BE RAINING... im gona stay in a motel in Barstow...
if anyone wants to join me (split the cost) pm me or something...
weather.com says its gona rain on the 28, 29, 30, 31.... so um ya.. i dont wana be camping in the rain... (i would have to drive 4 hours out of my way to get my tent... heater.... then i would have to dry them afterwards.... not fun in an appartment)
cost of a motel in barstow is like $40.. so we'd split it or somethin....
barstow is 10 mins away from the trailhead of both pumpkin eater and doran/odessa canyons
so um ya.... leme know.....

The closest motel is at the Ghost Town exit off I15, the Calico exit, in Yermo. It's the Oak Tree Motel and the number is 760-254-1148. That's only a couple of miles from Calico.

It's good that the forcast is rain.....they're usually wrong. :D

i duno if im gona partake in this run....
i rolled my heep while i was up in norcal @ hollister...
so i might come out for a day run... but i dont know yet.... depends on how i feel....
im feeling wheel'ed out rite now. . .

but ya....

witt said:
i duno if im gona partake in this run....
i rolled my heep while i was up in norcal @ hollister...
so i might come out for a day run... but i dont know yet.... depends on how i feel....
im feeling wheel'ed out rite now. . .

but ya....

It sucks about rolling your jeep: what shape is it in? Got pics?

purely cosmetic.... dinged fender.. scratched paint... nothing big... it was a soft slow roll

F-AOHDlq1cMWrw8kHPnGXmg

F-AOHDlq1cMWrw9kHPnGXmw

F-AOHDlq1cMWrw-EHPnGXmI

F-AOHDlq1cMWrw-kHPnGXmA

Back