• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust: Has Anyone Else Had This Happen?

01-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
720871_11_full.jpg

This is a picture of my exhaust. The pipe is completely separated from the exhaust manifold. The wierd thing is that this happened all by itself. It started as a leak, but then I went down my road today, which is a dirtroad littered with potholes, and my exhaust became very loud. I looked under my Jeep to find this scene.

I have an '01 Sport.

I'm not really asking for help, because I'm waiting for a Borla Header and downtube to arrive. I was just wondering if this is an odd occurence.

~Jeremy

I've had that happen on a couple of vehicles. Just age and rust, I figure. It's a vulnerable spot for stress and embrittlement, and once even a little crack opens up it will easily spread. But you should also make sure there isn't some extra stress on the exhaust, either from loose hangers or the reverse - tight hangers and loose engine mounts.

Back