• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IOD Fuse HELP

KJT95Country

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, My brother's '01 keeps blowing a fuse in the pwr distribution under the hood, the IOD (ignition off drain?) 15A fuse. This all started, and the cd player blew its 15A fuse as well. Replaced the IOD fuse, all's good except the radio (hadn't replaced its fuse yet) and then when I put in a new fuse to the radio, it blows the IOD fuse under the hood. I'm scratching my head on this one. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Jeep Gods

Assuming that your radio and CD Player are one unit, I'd say you have a short right there or in the wiring from the fuse to the radio.

EDIT: Can't find an IOD fuse in the FSM. Got a fuse number on it? (see inside the PDC's cover)

Last edited:
thanks for the reply,

yes the radio and cdplayer are one - an alpine... so are you saying that there's a short in the wiring harness of the cd player? could that have been affected when we were out doing donuts in it the other day?

thanks again

it was a burned cd... would that blow/short anything, couldn't see how it would. His 6x9's in truck boxes were unplugged, could that could've caused anything? thanks again

It shouldn't. I was just kidding. There must have been another reason for the short. Unplug the radio and change the fuse again to see if it blows (unless you have a tester). If it does, then your wiring is bad. Otherwise, have the radio checked.

Back