• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

two questions:

biscuitboy87

NAXJA Forum User
2000auto232sportw/towpkg
play in the driveline...where should it be and where should it NOT be?
the reason for this question is while in the mud/grass playing around i put the t/c into 4full as well as 4part...and even 4lo and noticed some lag in the time from throttle input to actual tire spin and the same from brake to wheel stop?
this delay? happened in all lever positions. my thinking is if i should just replace things as they break...so whats going to break first?

second question:
exhaust is vibrating against underside (transfer case?). has anybody else experienced this? whats the fix? should i just weld some more brackets to the exhaust and pull it away from the t/c? i havn't had time to take a good look at anything yet, but should by the end of next week.
TIA for any ideas
Nim

Play in your driveline may be a loose tranny mount or a worn out tranny bushing where the tranny is moving before the power get to the wheels, a thump may be heard on hard acceleration when the tranny rotates or moves.

The exhaust is probably hitting in the rear, possibly the shackle or the gas tank, usually a nice swift kick to the tall pipe will take care of it for a little while.

thanks for the input adamT...
i will have it up in the air later this week to check everything out. i will definately check the items you mentioned, and i will try to post the outcome...but i am kinda forgetful when it comes to replies so thanks again.
Nim

Back