• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help putting in new T-case

gearwhine

NAXJA Forum User
I just received my new (but used) Np231. Tera low, AA SYE, and heavy duty chain, to swap in place of my other NP231 with an RE SYE. I was wondering if anyone would want to come over when I'm ready for the swap and help me out with it. When it was shipped a few of the studs that bolt it to the transmission got bent up. So once those are fixed up and after the UPS claim stuff is all done, I will be ready to put it in. Where can I buy those threaded studs if anyone knows what I'm tlaking about, I'm not sure what they are called. I live in Central Jersey, Princeton Area. Thanks a lot _Nick_

Nick,
When are you planning the change? I plan on being in the area for the NAC BBQ.

The Nac BBQ is the 17th, correct? I plan on doing it withing the next week or two....hopefully this coming week. Thanks though...I'll see you at the Chris's. later -Nick

Nick, i'll be pulling my transfer this week also. I have a leaking seal between trans/transfer.

If ya like you can come over and we can "tag team" the installs.

Yeah..that would be great. What day do you plan on doing it. I'll see if I can make it. I can also pick up those shims you said i could take. Even if we don't do my install at your house, it'll be easier since I've seen it done. Oh well...we'll plan something. later _nick_

Hey nick dont worry about the studs. When you take out your current t-case you can take the studs out of it using either vice grips, the double nut, or the actual tool i froget the name but its like a esentric that tightenes up the harder you unbolt it or something. but im free from like 6 on everynight and on sunday. let me know

Pete

[quote:d5ceddc1b7="PeterBuilt"] or the actual tool i froget the name but its like a esentric that tightenes up the harder you unbolt it or something [/quote:d5ceddc1b7]
That would be a "stud remover". :)

Back