• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone interested in starting up a Chicago club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoStyleXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to throw myself out on a limb here, because this kind of talk probably isn't taken to kindly on a forum of an XJ association. I don't really know the policy about this kind of thing because I'm new to the boards, but figured that I'd try none the less. I've been thinking lately that I need to get to know more people to go 'wheelin with that live in the area. Or just people to help me out with my terrible wrenching skills when I need it. I'm seriously considering starting up a Windy City XJ Club, and would like to know if anyone is interested. PM me if you are, I'd like to get an idea of how many people in the area are willing to start something up. Beezil need not apply

these suburbs fags already think we're too exclusive, besides, we're the minority. got white-flight?

it is up to us to keep the suburb boys in-check.

they need us more than we need them.

get in touch with me about the underground society

Beezil said:
these suburbs fags already think we're too exclusive, besides, we're the minority. got white-flight?

it is up to us to keep the suburb boys in-check.

they need us more than we need them.

get in touch with me about the underground society

I LIVE IN CHICAGO, THE CITY.

The only people needed in the area are shitkickin' hillbillies from central IL to go to the badlands with.

ChicagoStyleXJ said:
I LIVE IN CHICAGO, THE CITY.

The only people needed in the area are shitkickin' hillbillies from central IL to go to the badlands with.

you DID read my post right?

I'm fully aware you live in the city.

we must take arms against the destroyers of art and culture and indivdual thinking. We will begin by setting fire to minivans. We will erect toll bridges around the perimeter to collect our fair share from the non-native nine-to-fiver. We will cut the water supply, let them dig thier wells.

g320.gif

crazy hillbillies

seriously though...pm me if interested. and anyone want to join me on the south side at *** on thanksgiving night? i'm going to be at around 75th/cicero and think i'm going to head down there and check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
ChicagoStyleXJ said:
crazy hillbillies

seriously though...pm me if interested. and anyone want to join me on the south side at *** on thanksgiving night? i'm going to be at around 75th/cicero and think i'm going to head down there and check it out.

Or you could just go
HERE and find a group that isn't wheeling illegally.

With as many trips locally to the Cliffs, Badlands, RORP, and McCaslin, why would you want to go wheel illegally in some cruddy little mud hole.

The Alsip Police WILL bust you.

ChicagoStyleXJ said:
crazy hillbillies

seriously though...pm me if interested. and anyone want to join me on the south side at chateau busche on thanksgiving night? i'm going to be at around 75th/cicero and think i'm going to head down there and check it out.

if indeed you are refering to illegal wheeling, we would caution you to rethink it. The hobby does not need that type of image.

Truth said:
You're in the wrong forum for serious.

Depends on the subject, you need a sense of humor to fit in with the MWC, and a thick skin.

Chicago.....We just got the MWC formed, we are just getting rolling (although some have been rolling for a while), if you want a great XJ club, this is it. Come on out to a run, meet, or wrenchfest and meet some of us....you may find the home you seek.

Or...you may run away.

Rev

Cooter said:
Or you could just go
HERE and find a group that isn't wheeling illegally.

With as many trips locally to the Cliffs, Badlands, RORP, and McCaslin, why would you want to go wheel illegally in some cruddy little mud hole.

The Alsip Police WILL bust you.

Well I am a full time student, have a full time accounting internship, and all of my money goes to Jeep payments, phone bills, and rent in Lincoln Park which if you know the city you know that the cost of living here is the second highest in Chicago. The Badlands is two hours away, RORP is 4 hours away, the Cliffs is only an hour and a half, and I don't even know where McCaslin is. I don't have the time nor do I have the money to go to a park once or twice a month. I know people that have been going to *** for a while and never have been bothered. I know a kid that goes there regulary with his bike and has never had a problem. I went back there on Thanksgiving and it's so dark and secluded that a cop would have to try pretty hard to find someone there. It might be all mud bogs but who cares, it's safer than going to an industrial place on the south side or just finding an empty parking lot with snow drifts in the city. Is it illegal? probably. Do I have a problem with breaking the law? yes. Am I too curious to not stay out of there? no.

That's a definate on the illegal part. The spot you refer to is 5 minutes from cooters house and people get busted there all the time. You've been lucky so far. It's very small too, about the size of a parking lot. There isn't anything even remotely challenging there. If you can't at least get to the cliffs for a day, don't even wheel. Illegal wheelin doesn't become OK just because it's convenient.

Just so you're aware, once you are caught ... the officer that catches you is well within his right to impound your vehicle. And I highly doubt your rig would leave an impound lot in the same condition it went in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back