• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Programming new remote control for Valet

phred

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everyone -

I use a DEI Valet 552T to unlock the doors in my 1990 Jeep. Works great for that and was a lot cheaper that replacing the OEM remote controller.

I want to program a new remote control fob but I'm running into a problem. The sequence for programming the receiver to recognize a new control fob is:

1. turn on ignition.
2. push the program button to set the receiver to learn the new remote.
3. push the button on the new remote until the receiver responds.
4. release the program button on the receiver.

First problem is I don't have anything wired into the ignition switch since I'm only using the lock/unlock function. Which wire on the receiver needs to connect to what wire in the ignition for me to be able to program the new remote? Are there other connections that need to be made?

Second item is - which channel on the receiver do I select to to learn the new remote? I'm thinking this would be channel 1.

Thanks for any help.

--------------------------------------------
1990 cherokee. otherwise stock

Yes on your ch 1. Yellow in switched 12v, must be connected.

1. Turn the ignition to the on position.
2. Within 10 seconds, press and release the Program switch 7 times. Press and hold oncs more, do not release. press ch 1 on your transmitter.
3. Turn key off.
4. Your done.

Back