• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

premade cages

imma honky

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know who makes some that are well built. Bolt in or weld in (it's getting welded regardless). Thanks.

is the d and c cage, without modification, a good cage. of course if/when i get it/one i will modify it, but just curious

Ramsey said:
is the d and c cage, without modification, a good cage. of course if/when i get it/one i will modify it, but just curious
It is a good cage without modification, but there's only so much trust that I put into just a good cage.

Not to brag, but I do wheel harder than most and I need a little triangulation to have the confidence in the cage to wheel harder.

In basic form it definitely strengthens the unibody, but I have about 20 more feet of tube to put into it to make myself totally happy.

I just finsihed installing a D&C cage, for the money I am pretty happy, although I got the 2 door version which is pretty new and had to modify a bit. I also changed how the front and rear mounts.

I need to add some x-bars in the middle hoop but other than that it is pretty good. I had no shipping problems and actually got it about a week before promised.

Brent

Brent 88XJ said:
I just finsihed installing a D&C cage, for the money I am pretty happy, although I got the 2 door version which is pretty new and had to modify a bit. I also changed how the front and rear mounts.

I need to add some x-bars in the middle hoop but other than that it is pretty good. I had no shipping problems and actually got it about a week before promised.

Brent

where does the cage mount to? i read the instructions and it didnt say where it gets welded to? im assuming just the floor?

prerunnerXJ said:
where does the cage mount to? i read the instructions and it didnt say where it gets welded to? im assuming just the floor?
Yup, just the floor, however I do plan soon to add tabs to the cage that bolt to the factory upper seat belt mount.

can you post some pics of how you modded the cage

Ramsey said:
I haven't modded it yet, but her're some unmodded pics.

As I said, I still have about 20 more feet of tube to add into it.

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

Okie Terry said:
Not to brag, but I do try harder than most...
but I need about 0.20 more feet...to make myself totally happy.
I just couln't resist.

OBTW, to keep this on topic, I am ordering the D and C kit as a starting piont also.
I think it is a good product.

thanks for the pics, it looks nice. now just to get $400 for the cage $400 for a locker and then $400 for tires and then...can some one loan me a few $400 dollars

my cherokee is choped like the one above and i just ordeered the same cage looks good with the back gone looks like good supports for the soon to be made soft top the cage should be here this week cant wait to get it put in

the guys at dandc extreme sounds like awsome people.

yah for the price that the best cage i have found

Ramsey said:
I can post any pics but I could email you some if you tell me what you want to see.
I had to trim the back runners as they were too long. Other than that al I changed was mounting. In the front I bolted sandwiching the sheetmetal through 2 feet plate. I am going too tie this to the frame at some point.
The middle I just welded to the floor.
The rear I got a 4" wide piece of flat steel and cut it to the shape of the rear floor. Welded that to the floor and the cage to it.
D&C seatbelt bar does not work on a 2 door because the b pillar is farther back. I thought they were going to redesign this for a 2 door and send me a new seat belt bar but never heard about it.
This is why I still need to put a cross bar back there and something to mount a harnes to.

Back