• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ford injectors

DARKFLY

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 89 and was wondering have any of you guy repaced your injectors and if so do you notice anything different?

Yeah, I put the 19 lb injectors on mine when the originals started leaking. The only difference I noticed on my stock rig was that I didn't have to worry about somebody smoking around my jeep.

DARKFLY said:
i have a 89 and was wondering have any of you guy repaced your injectors and if so do you notice anything different?

I put the 24 lb injectors in two different xj's. I noticed more power and better mpg. Both times' I didn't pay much for the injectors and it was worth the swap.

DARKFLY said:

You'll be very happy with Ford 19lb injectors. There are usually plenty being sold on e-bay (the ones with the orange top).

no other mods yet. custom k&n intake in the next couple of weeks. i did repace my muff though and noticed quite a bit of power/mpg increase it just wants to go now just courious about injectors. texj why 24 pound every one else has said the 19?

I heard that the ford injectors use 4 small holes to spray the fuel through instead of jeeps one hole. Wouldn't this lead to a slighty better combustion so better economy? Just wondering

DARKFLY said:
no other mods yet. custom k&n intake in the next couple of weeks. i did repace my muff though and noticed quite a bit of power/mpg increase it just wants to go now just courious about injectors. texj why 24 pound every one else has said the 19?

The 19's are for stock or near-stock Renix 4.0's. The 24's are for heavily-modified HO 4.0's or strokers.

the injector page says that in my 97 I am running 19# stock. I have modified my intake, bored my throttle body, added a spacer, eliminated the tailpipe, and thrown on a Jacobs Ignition system. I will be adding a header soon. Would the 23# units be good for me, or should I just sit tight till such a time when I decide to stroke it up?

would stock 89 GT 5.0 Stang injectors(19#) work. i have aset in my stang that are almost brand new and since im redoing the 5.0 motor(throwing in 24#) i was just gona sell these but if they will work in the jeep ill use them.

goodburbon said:
the injector page says that in my 97 I am running 19# stock. I have modified my intake, bored my throttle body, added a spacer, eliminated the tailpipe, and thrown on a Jacobs Ignition system. I will be adding a header soon. Would the 23# units be good for me, or should I just sit tight till such a time when I decide to stroke it up?

I'd say to sit tight. A bigger injector won't necessarily provide more fuel, since the computer determines the mix based on various sensors. A larger injector will just have a shorter on cycle than a smaller injector, with basically the same results. If you do a cam change, or a stroker, or a combination of things where the small injector just can't keep up at it's maximum output, then you need larger injectors.

I've Got A 93 Ho. And I Bought Some Ford 19lbers Off Ebay. I Figured That They'd Work Ok Since My Setup Was Stock And That People Had Been Using Them. I Replaced Them And It Idled Very Smooth As Compared To The Worn Out Stock Injectors. On The Other Hand My Air Fuel Gauge Showed That They Ran Lean At Wot, Not Delivering Enough Fuel. It Was Very Noticeable That The Motor Was Starving At Wot. At Part Throttle They Also Tended To Run Lean But OK. I Feel That The 19lbers Would Be Best Suited To Pre-ho Motors Or A Bone Stock 4.0ho Looking For The Best Economy. However Some Pinging Issues May Develop With The 19lbers On A Ho Motor Ran Hard. If You Have A Adj. Map Setup Or Adj Fuel Pressure Then They Should Be Very Useable. Keep In Mind Though That 19lb Injectors Can Only Support Approximately 30hp Per Cylinder At Their Rated Capacity (psi). I Think That The Stock Ho Injectors Are Rated Near 21lbs At 39psi. It Would Be Wise To Be More On The Rich Side Than Pinging Holes In Your Pistons! I have seen some ford 22lbers, also gm tpi 22lbers on Ebay. That's My Two Bits, Hope It Helps.

Ok, sorry bro. I didn't know that caps lock made it all wacky lookin. That was my first post. It must be nice having the ability to adjust the injector pulse width with that MAP adjuster. Did you make the radioshack/homejob special? Also, if you don't mind me asking! Does the MAP adjuster alter the MAP voltage over the whole range of intake manifold vacuum? Thanks.

Back