• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Filler Tubing Source?

Eagle

Lifetime NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I have to replace the tank on the 87 Comanche ASAP because it's marking its territory. From other MJ tanks I've seen come out in this part of the world, there's a high probability that I may need to cut the rubber hoses between the filler neck and the tank.

The problem is that DaimlerChrysler has discontinued the hoses, and I can't find fuel line hose in those sizes locally. The inlet is 1-1/2" and the vent is either 1/2" or 5/8". I've tried AutoZone, Advance, Pep Boys, NAPA, and an old-time independent with no joy.

These have to be fuel line -- radiator hose or heater hose deteriorates when exposed to gasoline.

Any ideas where I might be able to get this stuff on-line? I need about one foot of each size.

When I had to replace the line in my 73 CJ5 I couldn't find one; I ended up getting a 'close' replacement (possibly at NAPA?) and cutting it to the appropriate length once I found a series of bends that approximated the original. That was for the main hose though but as I recall they also have bulk fuel hose in the smaller diameters as well. If not, ask to see some of the preformed ones so you can match them up.

Here: http://www.sailnet.com/store/item.cfm?pid=14382 :wave:

Eagle said:
I have to replace the tank on the 87 Comanche ASAP because it's marking its territory. From other MJ tanks I've seen come out in this part of the world, there's a high probability that I may need to cut the rubber hoses between the filler neck and the tank.

The problem is that DaimlerChrysler has discontinued the hoses, and I can't find fuel line hose in those sizes locally. The inlet is 1-1/2" and the vent is either 1/2" or 5/8". I've tried AutoZone, Advance, Pep Boys, NAPA, and an old-time independent with no joy.

These have to be fuel line -- radiator hose or heater hose deteriorates when exposed to gasoline.

Any ideas where I might be able to get this stuff on-line? I need about one foot of each size.

Back