• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 Master Cylinder in 91

bob-n

NAXJA Forum User
I know the swap of booster and MC has been covered millions of times, but what about just the 98 master onto the 91 booster?

Reason for asking: Got rear disk kit from ssbrakes.com for YJ application. They say the only difference in kits from YJ app. to XJ app. is they supply a MC from a 98 XJ cuz the stock old-style XJ one sucks. I'm assuming they're correct if they're doing it, but still looking for input from the XJ crowd if there's any real issues.
Thanks all....

Last edited:
What's better about the later model (95 up) m/c and booster is the booster. It's a double diaphram and the old one is a single diaphram. The reason you use the late model m/c is because the whole assembly, the m/c and booster, are the same length as the older m/c and booster. The newer booster is longer and the newer m/c is shorter, so they fit in the same space. The newer m/c may be better than the old one, but I don't see how, the benefit has been in changing out both.

Are you sure they're not sending both?

Back