• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fabbing control arm drop brackets....?

rooster

NAXJA Forum User
After looking at RE control arm drop brackets and support braces it seemed the $300 they want for them to be a little pricey for no more than what you get.

Just wondering if anyone has fabbed there own and if so any comments, thoughts, pointers, pics..

Make long arms instead. Seems to make more sense in the long run. If you're going to spend that much effort in custom making something that has to be too perfect in too many different ways, go all out and make some long arm brackets

i just fabbed 12 for my first time out of 1/4 thick steel and its not that hard just make a template out of cardboard that fits the axle or whatever perfectly and make the the way u want them to look and trace that onto the steel. i used a hand grinder to cut the left over stuff from the outside of the template and then used a table grinder to make it close to the shape then used a table sander to smooth them perfect. about 2 days of work.

i believe he meant lca mounts at the frame, not axle paul

Back