• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Non A/C Serp. Q.

Paul S

NAXJA Member #103
I'm converting from A/C to non A/C. Seems easy enough, but I can't figure out how to route the Serp. belt once I remove the compressor. Can someone post a diagram, or ???
Thanks,
Paul

IIRC, the non-A/C version is routed the same way as A/C, but there is an idler pully that takes the place of the A/C compressor.

any reason you don't want to leave the A/C compressor, disable the clutch, and just allow the pulley to free-wheel? Or is the bearing bad and that's why you're trying to bypass it? There may be a shorter belt that you can use to simply exclude the A/C compressor, but I wouldn't know which one to use, or how to route it so all the other accessories spin the right direction :(

cbremer said:
IIRC, the non-A/C version is routed the same way as A/C, but there is an idler pully that takes the place of the A/C compressor.

any reason you don't want to leave the A/C compressor, disable the clutch, and just allow the pulley to free-wheel? Or is the bearing bad and that's why you're trying to bypass it? There may be a shorter belt that you can use to simply exclude the A/C compressor, but I wouldn't know which one to use, or how to route it so all the other accessories spin the right direction :(

The only way I can see is with an idler pully, it just seems more complicated than it should be. I want to eliminate junk without adding more.
My A/C works great, but it's heavy. I'd rather be 40lbs lighter than have cold air.
Paul

cbremer said:

Correct... there is a bracket that bolts in place of the compressor with an idler pulley mounted to it.

I keep reading that, but I've never seen one or seen a picture of one.
Anybody got a pic?
Part#?

Back