• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

zj 4.0 into a 93 xj

93Jeepin

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 93 4.0ho from a 93 zj...i blew the engine in mine recently and just decieded to buy this...was the wiring for the zj motor diffrent from the xj 4.0ho's? are they all the same?

I have a 95 Country that I bought off a freind of mine. He bought it with a blown engine, so he put a 98 ZJ motor into it. As far as I know, he had no problems with plug-ins and such. Just make sure before you drop it in that all your plugs are going to match up, which they should. There's not much difference if any between a ZJ 4.0 and a XJ 4.0 motors. Just my opinon, but I think you should be okay. What year ZJ are you talking about anyway?

93Jeepin said:
i have a 93 4.0ho from a 93 zj...i blew the engine in mine recently and just decieded to buy this...was the wiring for the zj motor diffrent from the xj 4.0ho's? are they all the same?

Since you're swapping a 4.0 long block from a '93 ZJ to a like-model XJ, it should be plugn'play.

93Jeepin said:
93...the 6 plug in along the manifold dont look like there gonna line up to well.
Eric
Hope this helps!

184849930LiyLsC_ph.jpg

184850015hbCivi_ph.jpg

184850095uWopdP_ph.jpg

184850179haDqmN_ph.jpg

184850342jUZtQy_ph.jpg

I don't think I posted enough pictures!! :geek:

Back