• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rim Back Space Question

ve6nn

NAXJA Forum User
Have a chance to buy 15 X 8 rims with 3.75inch back space. will these work properly with 32X11.50R15 tires? If not, what back spacing should I be looking for?

thanks

for the tire that is a good size .depending on your lift you might have to trim some since they will be sticking out more.

My rims have 3.75 backspacing and they stick out really far, but I also have 15X10s, so mine are about an extra inch out then those. Anyway, Your most likely going to need to trim the fenders a bit or else it'll rub on the fenders when you turn. Can't be sure untill they are on though.

EDIT: how much lift do you have? Also make sure the rims will fit the Jeep, you need 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern

the jeep will have a rubicon express 6130 4 1/2" lift on it. Don't really want to start fender trimming. Just want to lift it enough to clear the 32's. Anyone know what back spacing I should be looking for?????

At 4.5," 32"s should fit with no rub with the rims backspacing from 4.5 to 3.75. any more or less they will rub either LCAs or fenders. I say you should go with 4.0. They will stick out a little more giving it that wide look, but will keep tire tire pretty much under the flares, they may stick out just a hair. If your are really concerned about them sticking out at all, then go with 4.5

With this set-up 32"x11.50R15 15x8 wheels 4.0 BS

I have a 3.5" RE lift, not worried about fender trimming, what about LCA's? Will it hit?

I have the RE 4.5" Super-flex kit. I am running 31x10.5x15 tires with 15x7 w/3.75 BS. I have had to trim the front and the rear to avoid popping the plastic fender flares off. Oh, BTW my XJ is '98.

Later,
Rough

Blackash132 said:
ok might be a dumb question. but is 4.5 bs further out or further in than 3.75... in other words which way do the numbers go. thanks :banghead:

3.75" wheel will stick out more than the 4.5"; less BS = more of a "deep-dish" look

MSHarnett: your 10" wheels will stick out 2" more than an 8" wheel
10"-8"=2" ;)

Lay a straight edge across the back of the wheel against the outer-most lip of the rim and measure from the straight edge to the wheel mounting surface. That's your backspace. You could also lay the wheel on the ground with the backside facing down and stick a measuring tape through the center hole. Measure from the ground to the wheel mounting surface.

MaXJohnson said:
3.75" wheel will stick out more than the 4.5"; less BS = more of a "deep-dish" look

MSHarnett: your 10" wheels will stick out 2" more than an 8" wheel
10"-8"=2" ;)

hmmm, for some reason I'm thinking one inch on eash side thus 1 inch wider. Whatever

Settled on 4.5 inch back spacing. Thanks for all the input. I did listen.

Back