• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

!@#%$#%$# Crossmember

raceready

NAXJA Forum User
When I built my long arms, I modified the stock crossmember to get mount the lca's, (notched the crossmember on both sides and welded in rect tube, welded the side seams, welded this, welded that, ect, ect.....

When I started to fab it, I laid out the angles and started cutting,...then realized that the damn thing was backwards....

got another one and did it right, I was pleasantly surprised how stiff it turned out. I finished the arms and bolted it all up...noticed my trans mount was not holding anything to the crossmember...no big deal, as I still need to change the way it bolts to the framerails...

now, about a month later I have had the new trans mount laying around for weeks, and I start thinking about finishing up the crossmember....so I'm rolling around under the jeep tonight thinking about what I need to do.....

and then I realize

I built the !@$#&*^%@&^! second one BACKWARDS!!!!!!

grrrrrrrr :mad:

Joel

Back