• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I still need more of LCIR

So I take it that they are keeping the reservation open to wheeling? Last I had heard (a while back) they were closing it down to off road activity.

xtremewlr said:
So I take it that they are keeping the reservation open to wheeling? Last I had heard (a while back) they were closing it down to off road activity.
I heard as of last Sunday that closure is imminent, like after Labor Day. So I'm getting while the gettings good...

--ron

xtremewlr said:
Well that blows. LCIR has some of the best wheeling in SoCal, IMO.
In my short experience, it's the best place I've been to yet. I plan on being there every weekend (except Labor Day... gota sail some time, and the crowds can't get to the islands...) till it closes.

--ron

Captain Ron said:
In my short experience, it's the best place I've been to yet. I plan on being there every weekend (except Labor Day... gota sail some time, and the crowds can't get to the islands...) till it closes.

--ron

Plan on going on the 28th. Let me know and maybe we can drive out there together.

Joe

It doesn't look like it will be too far from where I'm staying down in LA that weekend...only about 2 hours or so. I'll be able to go the 28th.

how far is LCIR from Santee/El Cajon (SoCal)? Any address's I can mapquest? If the cage is done, Im in...

-Red

Los Coyotes Indian Reservation is about 1 mile south on Hwy 79 outside of Warner Springs.....
Thinking of going this Sunday and next Saturday IF everthing works out !!

Charles

Last I heard it wasn't going to close......
When did you hear the closing was going to happen after Labor Day?
We first heard it was going to close before summer...
then not at all.....
?
Rick

Thats what i heard on Just runs and socalxj msg boards. I was going to do Big Bear but LCIR works too. I got a cousin wheeler from nor cal with me this weekend so i want to show him some trails out here.

Matt

Last edited:
I'm camping at the main campground, just a ways inside the gate up the main road, on both weekends.

CB 4
2m 146.520

--ron

There will be a good size group up there for the weekend of the 28th and 29th, I am going up Friday morning the 27th, I do not think any real schedual has been set since everyone that plans to go will be camping for the weekend, Ron should be back this afternoon and set some time scheduals if he wants since he is putting the run together, He has quite a few members from his club "Pt Mugu 4 Wheelers" coming for it. I know most of them.

Yah, I would like to make a saturday morning/leave sat. evening run. But dont want to have to run halfway then go back myself because everyone else is camping or something...

-Red

I am going down there on that weekend since its closing sometime in Sept. I've met some of the Point Mugu members before and it would be fun seeing them all again.

Matt

I will either be driving down sometime friday and camping, or driving down early saturday morning.

It looks about 2 1/2 hours from Van nuys...What are the fees for camping, is it improved, etc.

Thanks

Chris

Back