• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

external slave swap

roXJeepr

NAXJA Member #334
First of all, I wasn't sure whether to post this here or on Mod. I searched and didn't come up with much at all. I guess between server changes and probs we've lost a lot of info? Anyway.

I found a 98 trans that I was thinking of getting to swap into my 90. 2 reasons for this, mine has 19?,000 miles on it and it has the internal slave :puke:

I did some research on POR on this and found some pretty good info. The most detailed swap I saw was from a 93 to 95. Both HO trucks? Will I run into any probs with CPS? Pilot bearing? Basically, I need to know this, if I get the trans, bellhousing, shift fork and all related parts, throw out bearing, slave cyl, and hose to the master, is this all I'd need? Would I need the master, or the pedal itself from the 98? Will/should this even work? TIA for any help/suggestions.
Dale

Back