• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Herculiner

sprinkler1228

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone remove the laredo plastic molding on their rocker panels and use Herculiner. I'm thinking of doing this but not sure if i wanna use spray or brush. If you have done it how about some pics.Thanks

I did it with Rhinoliner. I think it looks much better. That plastic trim and the screws holding it down were scratching the bottoms of my doors. Especially when there was a little snow and grit on it. Now there is plenty of clearance.

I used brush on stuff. I think that is a good way to go so you don't have to worry about tapeing off the surrounding areas. It went smooth and easy for me, plus with brush on, if you chip the finish It would be easier to patch it up without messing up the look. I could get a picture for ya, but don't know how to post it.

Beached Bones said:
I did it with Rhinoliner. I think it looks much better. That plastic trim and the screws holding it down were scratching the bottoms of my doors. Especially when there was a little snow and grit on it. Now there is plenty of clearance.

I used brush on stuff. I think that is a good way to go so you don't have to worry about tapeing off the surrounding areas. It went smooth and easy for me, plus with brush on, if you chip the finish It would be easier to patch it up without messing up the look. I could get a picture for ya, but don't know how to post it.

you need image tags like so...

I think Petersens did that to their project Avalanch. As far as I know it worked well, and covered the area that had all the ugly plastic on it nicely.
I would use a brush or a roller. Having to tap off the Jeep just for that would be a pain in the neck.

Just did mine. Easy job, brushed on in about two hours. I had some chips and a little surface rust to work on. Large Pic...Sorry Juice
picture.JPG

Here's mine. I brushed Herculiner on it below the plastic trim. I've had it for about 2.5 years and 0 problems/chips/scratches. Total cost.....$45.

My Pics
DCP_2476

Back