• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" superlift or skyjacker '00XJ

'00 famly truckstr

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for some input on either of these two lifts. These are the only two i'm concidering. I've tried searching threads with no real answers. I was wondering if 1 rode better than the other. It will be 99% street use. I was looking at the nitro shocks if they'll be any better. I'm only going with the AAL's. Am I better off with a kit that includes fixed LCA's? I've read some newer xj's with later t-cases having no vibes to having bad vibes. Nothing consistant. What else could I be looking at dealing with. Are there any other mods suggested that aren't included in the basic kits?

I have a 3" Skyjacker on my 98 and it is a bit rough. I think it has actually gotten harsher over the years. I have no vibes. I did end up buying Rusty's crossmember with 1" T-Case drop. But I put that on a few years after the lift.

FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS..... BUY SKYJACKER
i put on a set of 3.5 inch skyjacker coils and after 8 months i have 2 inches....go to rustys offraod...they specialize in xjs and thats what i am running now...there stuff is cheap and they stand good for it if you have problems.....if money isnt an issue than you cannt go wrong with tomken 4.5 double flex....just my opinion

I have rusty's and its ok but I recommend Rubicon Express from experience. Wish I haden't bought my jeep w/ lift kit or it would have rubicon and not rusty's. Rusty's is better than skyjacker and rough country though.

I've had the Skyjacker 3.5 lift for 3 years and have not had much trouble with it. It feels the same as when I got it, and doesn't seem to have sagged at all. The only thing I've done is replace the Tracbar relocater and stock tracbar with a Skyjacker adjustable tracbar. I'm getting ready to add more lift now though, I've got the itch!!!!

I'm not sure why Skyjacker has such a bad name around here. My only issue with it is the ride is a bit harsh, but such is the nature of lifting an XJ.

If my lift has sagged, I can't detect it.

I do have the the Skyjacker LCAs and the tracbar re-locater.

I've been running the Skyjacker 3" kit for 3 or 4 years now. It gave me 3.5". It never sagged until I put on a heavy front bumper. The long AAL rides decent, and the LCA's have held up very well and ride well. It's a very balanced suspension overall, rides good, and I'd buy it again. I did get rid of the track bar relocation bracket and used an adjustable track bar instead though.

Back