• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Idler Pulley Torque Specs?

verrive

NAXJA Forum User
I got a new idler pulley hoping it will stop this damn squeeling sound and I looked all through my Haynes guide hoping it would list the torque specs for it with no luck. Looking at my instructions it tells me to torque it to the recommend specs. Anyone help me out? :)

Thanks,
Kevin

i just checked on the factory tech assistance site and didnt see any specs. just tighten it down like any other bolt . i dont think it matters it doesnt put any pressure on the bearing itself, just the inner race.

It's an M10 bolt and according to my Haynes manual the torque range for that size bolt is 28 to 40 ft-lbs. I just tightened mine to 40. Did a search on the NAXJA tech forum, and this was the only thread that came up. If anyone has a better spec for that pulley, please let us know. Rick

My bolt specs also say 28-40 ft lbs for an M10 bolt. All the torque specs seem to be in the same range for any given bolt size.

35 ft lbs is a good number to use.

Back