• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

check engine light on Renix system

skipc

NAXJA Forum User
Is there such a thing? I know about the emissions reminder light - not talking about that. I can't find reference to it or find it on the dash.

How does the computer tell you if something's not right or needs work?

I know the O2 sensor will trip it...but I am not sure what else. What year XJ? The later models ones do have some OBD systems in place to help isolate it.

-Rich

PS- Try searchin this forum. There's LOTS of hits using "check engine light".

Last edited:
Renix systems do not have the ability to store or throw codes if thats what your asking.Renix is OBD1,there are scanners out there to read specific values for various sensors.

This is an 89 xj. I know you need a DRB II to read the 88-90 ones. No mention ever of a check engine light. That might be why it came with an emissions reminder light to remind you to change the O2 sensor (separate circuit and not connected to the ECU though).

The 89s dont' have a light, do they?

The Renix does not have a Check Engine light. Only the "Maintenance Required" light that's truggered by the timer for the O2 sensor.

the emissions timer can just be unplugged. it is just a reminder to have the emissions system checked. the timer is the clear gray tinted box secured to the knee bolster on the drivers side just sbove your right shin area.

Back