• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rockratz.com parts???

I picked up a set of their trailrails of this board a while back. still hav'nt mounted them. the guy did'nt send any fasteners and I'm too cheap to order them right now. looks like they are an ok spot to jack with the high-lift, but you have no protection for your rocker pinchweld and you have to put ten 1/2" holes in each rocker. best part is you lose no ground clearance. some of those 2x2 or 2x3 rails eat up a lot of space!

I purchased some of their economy tube bumpers. Some people think they are ugly, but I like them. I bought them to strenghten the front and rear over the stock aluminum foil bumpers. They are really stout and and well made. The people of RockRatz are really nice, and easy to deal with. I ordered the bumpers just before Christmas, and they were shipped 2 days later and delivered in less than a week after that.

I'd say that, if you like (can tolerate?) the looks, they are a bargain.

this past EJS i was on a corporate run and the guy from rockratz was there. he banged the hell out of the front bumper but it held up pretty well. as for looks, well duh, they suck, but for a cheap bumper that offers great strength, you prob cant beat it. however, i kind of have a problem with some of the stickers on the back of his XJ that read:
-XJ's do it in Climate Control
-How's the weather out there? (or something similar)
sorry to be so rude but come on! its just plain stupid. for the stickers on the back of his jeep i would never in my life buy something from him no matter how great a deal it was. but yeah, that front bumper held up!

PC-UT-XJ said:
-XJ's do it in Climate Control
-How's the weather out there? (or something similar)
sorry to be so rude but come on! its just plain stupid. for the stickers on the back of his jeep i would never in my life buy something from him no matter how great a deal it was. but yeah, that front bumper held up!
Why would you not buy something based upon bumper sticker slogans? That seems to me to be a little little like judging a book by its cover. Having never met the person I can't say what their personallity is but free speech is free speech. Besides we all know that the XJ is the only capable off roading vehicle under 30K(new) that is fully enclosed. :) Let the flaming begin!

Later,
Rough

actually not true bc:
a) u cant buy a new XJ
b) u can leave the hard top on a TJ( i promise the rain or air wont leak in) and its just as easy to break into as your XJ ne way
c)WJ's are more capable stock than XJ's(quadra-drive and quadra-coil suspension i think are much better than XJ equipment despite model, and a v8 is nice if u get it)
d) if ur talking about 'back in its day' the XJ was the best yada yada yada, i disagree and say that in 1997, the last year they were sold at an MSRP of 28995, the land rover defender 90 can't be beat. (except by the rubicon). it and the porsche 911 c4 turbo s are the only two cars from the 90's that actually appreciated in value in the U.S. (defender 110 is included as it is a 'defender' model)
e) the guy from rockratz was a real jackass

PC-UT-XJ said:
actually not true bc:
a) u cant buy a new XJ
b) u can leave the hard top on a TJ( i promise the rain or air wont leak in) and its just as easy to break into as your XJ ne way
c)WJ's are more capable stock than XJ's(quadra-drive and quadra-coil suspension i think are much better than XJ equipment despite model, and a v8 is nice if u get it)
d) if ur talking about 'back in its day' the XJ was the best yada yada yada, i disagree and say that in 1997, the last year they were sold at an MSRP of 28995, the land rover defender 90 can't be beat. (except by the rubicon). it and the porsche 911 c4 turbo s are the only two cars from the 90's that actually appreciated in value in the U.S. (defender 110 is included as it is a 'defender' model)
e) the guy from rockratz was a real jackass
I agree with points A and B. Point C is debatable. Point D, I agree that land rovers are very capable vehicles and the reason I didn't get one of them was cost. In 2000 I bought a 2 year old XJ with 24K miles for 14.5K. I've put less than 5K into it in tires/lift/accessories. So for less than 20K I have a vehicle with all the options/lift/tires to go more places than a stock land rover with 0 options.

Point E I will agree with you since I've never met this person.

The main reason I went with an XJ is that I can put all my camping stuff, cooler, baby seat, and the family in it while I go off roading. With a mid size lift and 31" tires it is more capable than the Rubicons that are being sold today for less.

I think we all agree that there are tradeoffs and it just boils down to money and what you are looking for.

Later,
Rough

Back