• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How do you make barpin eliminators?

Powerman

NAXJA Forum User
I am using my rear sway bar end links for rears, but I want to know if anyone has made them for the front. It's to go with my 2"BB. I did a search, but didn't find much. Thanks guys.

2" X .25 angle iron about 1.5" long. Four pieces. .50 hole for the shock bolt and a 3/8 hole to mount to the axle. I think it is 3/8..... But it is best to have it oval shaped. Also the front one will need to be ground a little to fit in the pocket.

Dirt Surfer said:
I am using my rear sway bar end links for rears,
The problem with doing this is that you end up with the shocks pivoting incorrectly. Using the sway bar links as BPEs causes the shocks to be mounted 90 degrees off how they should be. As your shocks compress the mounting angle changes. They're supposed to rotate around the mounting pin. Using your way they can't do that and will be subject to a lot of side load.

Thanks guys. I didn't know it was so simple. I appriciate the info.

1.5"x1.5"x1/8" angle iron from Lowes. Cut, drill, and grind to fit.

rs90006.jpg

Isn't this same thread over on JU or JeepForum? Or was it someone else asking the same question?

Jeepin Jason said:
1.5"x1.5"x1/8" angle iron from Lowes. Cut, drill, and grind to fit.

rs90006.jpg

Isn't this same thread over on JU or JeepForum? Or was it someone else asking the same question?

Yes it is, but thanks alot Jason.

Back