• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seat belt questions....94 Cherokee

ghettocruiser

NAXJA Forum User
As a few of you know I just bought a 94 Cherokee Sport. The interior is in nice shape, the only complaint I have is the seat belts. The front ones are really stiff and hard to pull and they are filthy. Filthy enough that it leaves marks on your clothes. I looked in our 97 Grand Cherokee, and the belts look similar. Does anyone know if any other jeep belts are interchangable? Also...where can I find them? All the ones on ebay are for wranglers it seems. I didnt see any on quadratec, or any of the other sites I checked. THen again I just got into looking for jeep parts...so help me out if you can. Thanks in advance.

Justin

I know the belts are compatible between 89 and 95. My 87 used a different retractor and buckle design, though, and I'm not sure what happens after 95. I'd check junkyards, but look for a vehicle that died a "natural death" if possible, or (I know it's a bit ghoulish, but...) one with headmarks on the windshield that indicate that the belts didn't get stressed by a crash. I wouldn't try to get belts from a different model of vehicle, though, without holding both sets in my hand and being sure that they are compatible in every way and every dimension.

As far as the hard pulling is concerned, check carefully to see if the belt is twisted somewhere - possibly folded over where it rolls onto the retractor. Over the years, these things can get pretty messed up.

Back