• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pro Comp Mud Terrains

Ramsey

NAXJA Forum User
they seem to have the same tread pattern as the bfg's but they come in a 31x12.50 which is what i want. i was just hoping that they have the same kind of wear as the bfg mudders. or even close to the same kind of wear. please enlighten me

Ramsey said:
they seem to have the same tread pattern as the bfg's but they come in a 31x12.50 which is what i want. i was just hoping that they have the same kind of wear as the bfg mudders. or even close to the same kind of wear. please enlighten me

I have had both and the pro comp's are not that great in the mud. I sunk my jeep in a mud hole and blew my motor on my 91' yj years ago. I now have Goodyear Mtr's and couldn't be happier, they are by far the best tire I have had.
Troy

just curious as to how the wear, could you let me know about that.

Ramsey said:

i am pretty sure that size is only for the xterrains.

nope, it is also for the mud terrains, even for the all terrains. but yeah the wear?

It's supposed to be pretty good. I'm not sure how many miles I've got on my 33s though, since my rigs been flat towed quite a few thousand miles, but it's at least 20k and there's lots of tread left.

Don't know if you're interested, but bfg also makes the a/t and m/t in a 325/60 R15, which is about the same as a 31x12.5. maybe a little wider. Just thought i'd let you know

beat me too it...

however.. right now you can save a but load vs. BFG with the 4 for 3 sale..

162 x3 vs. 175 x4 ...

didnt know bfg had that size. who is having the sale?

Pro Comp is having a buy 3 get one free sale. www.summitracing.com is the cheapest place to get Pro Comps. I have had both 33's and 35's. The 35's are about 4 years old and have been on 3 different Jeeps. I got them used last year for my buddy who bought them used from a guy in FL. I know they have over 40K on them and the rear ones are just now getting low. Doing smokey burn outs really killed them, lol. They are a good tire. They have been used for sand, mud, rocks and daily driving. I really like them, but I ran across 35" MT/Rs for $147 and now use them for trail duty.

from what I've seen so far bout 20k's on my 31' X10.50's they were preety well as a whole, you'll have big tread blocks left for awhile, however they also seem to like to chunk alot on the rocks, I've got a chunk out of 50% of my tread blocks, they must be a fairly soft compound I guess, also the sidewalls seem to be a bit week. But good wear overall I would say......

got the 35's from www.onlinetire.com look for the blackside wall version. they came in white lettered, LOL.

Back