• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SUWA....Rejected!!!!!!!!

Yeah, but be careful in our celebration, this was only a tactical win. The war still plods on. It continues to give groups like SUWA (who have nothing better to do than hire lawyers to keep on the offensive) some more angles to consider for their next suit.

The Supreme Court is just covering the government's butt, not particularly supporting our own rights. In looking at the 20 page opinion, most of it seems to be a CYA for the poor BLM - no money, no clear mandate from the Congressional crowd. I don't see any statement of concern for the rights of ORV users, and, in fact, they take the time to point out that we DO things to annoy "wilderness lovers". So, by implication, we drivers do NOT love the wilderness as well.

Put the wrong administration in Washington, have some more money thrown into enforcement budgets as a bone to the greenies, and we'll find more barriers than ever.

Big election coming in NOV. Keep our collective eyes on the ball.

And, continue to "love" the wilderness as we drive through it, one stupid move (especially if publicized in the media) will undo countless trail clean up or Tread Lightly! campaigns.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

the next battle begins tomorrow

I thnk we should post sites like this (from the decision)
http://www.ut.blm.gov/sanrafaelohv/wtheplan.htm
It is always good to see that there are places that are really supporting our sport. I remember living in NC and using the ORV parks all over the state.. well, I live in Vermont now, where land is almost all privately owned.. by either timber companies, the towns or individuals. Its very dificult to wheel here without stepping on someones toes. I think we should try and post sites or literature tha we could use in support of new ORV parks in our local areas. An information deposit area would help us all out if we choose to protest a tresspassing ticket or try and petition our local government.
Let me hop down now... :lecture:

Back