• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick help with front diff

bj-666

NAXJA Forum User
hey i'm puliing the front diff out to put in a locker and i have the bearing caps off and i thought the diff would fall right out it seems to be held in there pretty good any tricks or ways to pry it out. and yess i have the axles out

Put the t-case in 4 wd to keep the carrier from spinning. Then use a large prybar and carefully pry out, working from both sides of the carrier. They have a tendancy to pop out so be careful with your fingers.

you can roll a rag through the gears till it jams in between the pinion, then take a pry bar and pry the ring gear around so the rag keeps jamming up and the carrier should pop out. to get it back in, make sure the bearings are straight and line it up straight. then cover it with a rag and kickj it with your foot.
bj-666 said:
hey i'm puliing the front diff out to put in a locker and i have the bearing caps off and i thought the diff would fall right out it seems to be held in there pretty good any tricks or ways to pry it out. and yess i have the axles out

Back