• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please, please help!

oldmopars

NAXJA Forum User
I am at the end of my rope with my 87 Comanche 2.5L 4sp.
It started out that it was running very poorly, popping up though the throttle body and running very rich. I changed the O2 sencor, Coolant temp sencor, spark plugs, cap rotor, wires, fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel injector and filled with fresh gas.
One cylinder had low compression and so I pulled the engine and put in a used engine with good compression. I still have the same problem.
The engine will start and run, but when you rev it it will pop and sputter badly. Under a load it is undrivable, it just will not go.
The only common parts between the 2 engines are the O2 sencor, coolant temp sencor(both new) and the computer.
I need to get this thing running because I sold it to my uncle and he is comming to get it soon.
I need help with this thing, its just getting worse.

Scott

pull the o2 sensor and start it up if it runs better is the converter if not may be a timing issue

Back