• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

loud pop

Ramsey

NAXJA Forum User
i was playing with my new locker and was attempting to climb a concrete in a parking lot about 20 inches high. i had put one tire on it at an angle and was attempting to go up it and the tire was just at the top edge of the ledge and there was a very loud pop. i got out and checked my u-joints, all were fine. locker was still working and both fronts were pulling. the rear wheel drive was working fine. could this just have been the locker slipping? as nothing seems to be broken. btw it is a lock right.

????

Probably your locker engaging and disengaging.... but you can do the test as prescribed inthe manual where you raise the rear end and spin the wheels to check for engagement.

Automatic lockers bang like hell when they are new while engaging/disengaging, and the lockrite is probably the harshest out there. Give it some time to break in and see how it does.

Nay

Kejtar said:
Probably your locker engaging and disengaging.... but you can do the test as prescribed inthe manual where you raise the rear end and spin the wheels to check for engagement.

it is in the front, but i can feel both wheels pulling so it is still working. maybe a heavier gear oil? what is a good weight ?

Back