• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"Heep" drives out of the garage

Heep

NAXJA Forum User
8 months ago
picture.JPG

Its not done but its gettin there. me and a buddy welded,cut,and painted 99% of everything on it.
picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

The buildup
HEEP

SPECS:

87 XJ 4.0 AW4
Front Waggty D44 -Aussie Locked
Rear Scout II D44-Trussed and Spool
F&R Disc's
Warm Premium Hubs
36" Iroks
Custom Long Arms-they tuck up out of the way
Lots of engine work(nothing major)
Hood vents
TJ flares
8" Skyjacker coils in front
6" BOR leafs w/ 1.23 RE shackle
Bedlined then painted with tractor paint
On board Air (converted A/C)
4.88's
tranny mod
Stickers for HP
bunch of other crap I cant think of
(steering needs to be re-done)
Also an internal and external cage is next...

Last edited:
WOW!!! That thing is sweet! Got any more pics of the long arms? How about some dimensions of them too. It looks like you used the stock crossmember, did you beef it up at all? VERY nice job on the build. -Neal

very nice. got any idea yet on what your bumpers will look like?

wow, complete transformation! nice job guys! Now, if I could only do that to my acft....new paint job, comfy seats......NAH its great the way it is

Kris

looks good, lose the center caps...
and it doesn't need bumpers, look at the approach and departure angles!!!

yeah, lets see the crossmember and mounting points for the arms,
i need some more ideas for mine, before i finish it and see something i wished i had done...

if he's gonna trailer it, ya it doesnt need bumpers. but its easy to design a bumper that wont take away from those angles

baseballneal86 said:
WOW!!! That thing is sweet! Got any more pics of the long arms? How about some dimensions of them too. It looks like you used the stock crossmember, did you beef it up at all? VERY nice job on the build. -Neal

thanks, yes we used the stock crossmember but we beefed it up alot with 1/4" and 3/16" heres a pick
picture.JPG

picture.JPG

Also I dont have any great pics of the long arms but heres one
picture.JPG

small pederson said:
very nice. got any idea yet on what your bumpers will look like?

yeah the front, we bought one from Rigid or Ridgco something like that, we are gonna throw a winch in there too. We are going to make the back one and make it as tight and small as possible.

JeepFreak21 said:
What's the hoop on the rear axle for? Truss? and it's a good thing you had those TJ flares for the front... who did that hack job on those fenders?! :laugh:
Billy :D

Yeah the rear has a truss on it we figured it couldnt hurt so we bent some tube with the bender and welded it up.As for the hack job on the front, that was intentional. The back on the front TJ flares has this goofy ass wavy lip on it. All we did was hold it up there trace around it and went crazy with the Jig.

btt :wave:

Please tell me there's more than just the four little crossmember bolts holding this thing on...
picture.JPG

Jes

Jes said:
Please tell me there's more than just the four little crossmember bolts holding this thing on...
picture.JPG

Jes

There will be if that makes you feel better......

Heep said:
There will be if that makes you feel better......

HOLY SHIT!

You'd better do something about that.

those stock fasteners are NOT designed to handle holding the rear of the drivetrain AND the entire from axle and rolling forces!

get that problem solved!

Jes said:
picture.JPG

Jes

Question for all you fabbin guru's....

If he were to take 1/4" plate and weld a long rectangular section of it to each end (on top of it), with let's say, room for 2 more bolts fore and aft of crossmember, bringing the total to 6 per side...would that be enough?

He'd only be adding a 1/4" drop right?

Beezil said:
HOLY SHIT!

You'd better do something about that.

those stock fasteners are NOT designed to handle holding the rear of the drivetrain AND the entire from axle and rolling forces!

get that problem solved!

Were workin on it, we are going to tie the crossmember into the belly skid were putting on it. Think that will be sufficent?

what are you soing to fix your steering issues? looks like your angles may be your problem. is that a bulletproof or rusty's OTK system on there in those pics? looks very similar to mine. i'm asking because i just installed a combination of rusty's new OTK and orgs stuff. my angles look perfect, but my draglink is about five inches longer than my track bar...and i still have a little bit of bumpsteer. much better than before, but would like to eliminate it all together. i'm avoiding mounting the draglink to the tie rod as thats what i was running before, and it sucked. let me know if you figure out what works for that set up (if you aren't changing it all together).

Back