• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1991 AX-15 tranny

KillerZJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am buying one of these, but first I need to know what was the spline count for the transfer case (NP231) in that year? I have been told that depending on year, the transmission had different spline counts for the t-case. TIA guys.

KillerZJ said:
I am buying one of these, but first I need to know what was the spline count for the transfer case (NP231) in that year? I have been told that depending on year, the transmission had different spline counts for the t-case. TIA guys.

The transfer case is the same 91-93, but the trans fits 89-91. you need to make sure that the year range is compatable.

KillerZJ said:

I'm sure it's a 23 spline for two reasons: one for the fact of having an HO 4.0 and that the AX-15 reaplced the BA10, the BA10 was 21 spline.

Goodluck! :D

I have a 93' with an AX-15 and it's 23 spline.

I have a 42RE right now and my t-case is 23 spline. Will the input gears be the same? See, I am swapping a 1991 AX-15 into my ZJ and I am trying to gather alot of info before I plunge into it. Any info would be great. Thanks alot.

KillerZJ said:
I have a 42RE right now and my t-case is 23 spline. Will the input gears be the same? See, I am swapping a 1991 AX-15 into my ZJ and I am trying to gather alot of info before I plunge into it. Any info would be great. Thanks alot.

Well the info I quoted was for an XJ, I don't know much about ZJ's and the 42RE.

Back