• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cb questions

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
so i know very little about cb's but i do have a cheap uniden one and a decent 3 ft firestik mounted on my hood. the wiring goes behind aroun the engine to the antenna from the cb from the passenger side. I have a lot of interferance and static. whenever i acclerate it just makes the static even worse. the only time it works well is when im parked and nothin is turned on, a/c, stereo (which is expected). how do i get rid of this intereferance. I dont think its the wiring cuz its only connected from the cb to the antenna. Also the speaker is kinda weak in the cb, what is a good way to get louder sound from the unit.
Also would it be good to remount the antenna on the drivers side by the rear quarter panel with someting like a ball mount. And if so where can i get this ball mount. bascially i need the interferance gone so i can use the damn thing and get my moneys worth. :tears:
thanks for the help
eric

So is the static coming in regardless of the squelch setting? If you know really little then you may not know to adjust your squelch knob untill all the background noise disappears, you won't hear anything untill a signal is picked up, the more you turn up the squelch the stronger the signal needs to be to "get through". Check your CB for a speaker jack, if you have one hook up an external speaker and mount it in a desired location. Find a CB shop or Truck Stop perhaps for a ball mount, that location can put it in harms way, but with the right wip it can perform very well mounted there.

Inline Lowpass filter?

I have my cable running the same direction in the same area, but I do not notice any of the noise you speak of. I would try the filter first to see if that gets rid of your noise. You may also want to try running the power from the battery maybe, I have heard some people say that helps...

-Scott

Back