• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB and CO2 tank

wannabe

NAXJA Forum User
Iam pickin up a front end that is already loaded with an ARB. I already have a CO2 tank for my keg and will be figuring out how to use it to air up but does anyone know if its possible to use the tank instead of a compressor to operate the ARB just to save some money.

You'd have to rig up something to unlock it. It'd probably be easier to buy a cheap compressor.

It is very possible and I am doing it with a PowerTank and a pneumatic switch, so there isn't any electrical either. One thing though is that the ARB has an operating pressure of 80-90psi and a max of like 110psi. My PowerTank has an adjustable regulator from 0-200psi, so I just set it for 85psi. Not all CO2 tanks can do this, in fact the PowerTank regulator might be the only one.

HERE is an install article on it.

Last edited:
I like the site. How could I plum the tank to run both the ARB and an air line, just put some sort of splitter in there. Anybody have any links on where to pick up some of this hardware.

I ran my arb's on co2 setup for 4 years. tank mounted in the back of the xj and made an adapter to use the factory solenoid and switch harmess worked sweet, also made an adapter so I could use one of my 20oz paintball tanks on it in an emergency

wannabe said:
I like the site. How could I plum the tank to run both the ARB and an air line, just put some sort of splitter in there. Anybody have any links on where to pick up some of this hardware.

I just have mine setup with a quick connector to the ARB and then I disconnect it and connect the air line when the ARB is not in use. I feel that it is best to keep them seperate because of the chance of running the high pressure to the ARB.

This was my setup in my XJ worked great. Just used standard off the shelf plumbing parts and t'ed of the air hose after the arb. The bracket was a stock item from the local welding shop and I used the stock spare mounting bracket to attach it too. The electric was hooked up with quick connectors so I could remove them when not needed to stop the chance of accidentally hitting the arb switch and locking it up on the street

The regulator is a cheap unit from a welding supply house cost 49.00

My first one was an actual pepsi regulator and cost 39.00

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

Kick ass you guys thats exactly what Ive been waitin for. I plan on running 33's or 35's how many air ups do you think I can get out of a tank.

Back