• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bumpstops

cardboard

NAXJA Forum User
Where is the best place to buy extended bumpstops for the front of the xj.
I see some of the adds say 5" extended, does that mean they are 5" longer than stock or 5" total?

Hockey pucks, 1" each. Local sports store.

What tire do you run and what size? On what wheel (width and backspacing)? Have you trimmed the fenders at all? Flex it and use a tape measure if you want to be sure. I run 3 hockey pucks on each side in the front on mine.

'93 XJ
3.5" lift
Trimmed fenders and re-located flares
Mickey Thompson Baja Radial MTX 285/75R16 (33x11.5)

Last edited:
You shouldn't need anything other than stock bumpstops on 3.5" with 31's and trimmed fenders, depending on how you define trimmed. With a lot of backspacing you might need an inch or two. Just flex it up to the max and pull out the tape measure. I would guess 1-2" max.

Find out if your shocks are can bottom out and go from there. Also adjust your rear bumpstop so that your leafs will not get a negative arch when you flex. I need 1" bump stop to keep from bottoming out my shocks in front.

Bottoming the shocks is the real clearance issue, if you're willing to trim. you only know by flexing it up, crawling underneath to look, and measuring......best way to get the right length shocks, too.

Hockey pucs work well, but bolt them in.

Back