• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Urgent Lift Help

If you dont have a welder your only option is to double nut it. Drop one side down and put the nut back on the stud all the way. Take the nut from the otherside and tighten against the first nut as tight as you can. Back the top nut down which should lock into the bottom nut taking the stud out of the unibody. Heat helps.

I found it easy to remove one of the studs after double-nutting it as described; then tightened it slightly to loosen things. Twisted out pretty easily after that. Just don't whack it or overtighten it, you'll break the tackwelds that hold the nut in the frame.

Word of advice. Don't use a pipe wrench. Snapped that stud off really quick. Have to drill it and tap the weld nut, now. Am currently running 3 bolts on mine and haven't gotten around to putting the time into fixing #4. Doing my hack & tap in 2 weeks and will have to tackle that one then.

pipe wrench works fine, what I did was: use an impact wrench to tighten up the nut on the bottom, then I backed it off, one of them came out with no problem, the other took a pipe wrench. I suggest using that pb spray stuff, it is a really strong penetrating lubricant, it is like $3-4 at wal-mart, let it soke for a couple minits, then wrench it out, just don't torque on it to hard, if it doesn't start to budge, then try the double nutting I deah. n good luck.

Back