• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

U joints

etaniyani

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, i wanted to get a set of spare ujoints to carry in my 99. i know the spicer joints for the front axle shafts are 297-760x but what are the joints for the rear drive shaft for a chrysler 8.25? Are the u joints on the axle side same as the joints on the transfer case? And finally are will the front drive shaft u joints work on the back or are they completly different?

etaniyani said:
Hey, i wanted to get a set of spare ujoints to carry in my 99. i know the spicer joints for the front axle shafts are 297-760x but what are the joints for the rear drive shaft for a chrysler 8.25? Are the u joints on the axle side same as the joints on the transfer case? And finally are will the front drive shaft u joints work on the back or are they completly different?
No, 297s won't work on the DS. The 297s are c-clip retained and the 1310s are snap ring retained.

I just talked to Randy's ring and pinion and they are telling me that the u joints for the rear shaft for a chrysler 8.25 is a 5-353X spicer. are they right? will this u joint work. thanks

Back