• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Keep the Posi or weld it.

azxjman

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 12 bolt rear end that is currently open and this weekend I bought another one for spare parts the guy I bought it from never even opened it up to look at it so when I got home and cracked it open I noticed there was a eaton posi in there. So now the quesion is do I use the posi or weld the spiders in the open carrier?

Pshh! Go for the posi!!! I mean, you got the gears now, so why do you need a locker right? :doh:

Just playin. I guess it really depends on how much you like your tires. IIRC you just got some new 35s? I ran welded in a 35 for a while, tires didnt last. Then I had an 8.8 and stuck with a new posi and was just as pleased. I wasn't super extreme. But, money is always a concern right? JMO

Matt

Scrappy said:
Pshh! Go for the posi!!! I mean, you got the gears now, so why do you need a locker right? :doh:

Just playin. I guess it really depends on how much you like your tires. IIRC you just got some new 35s? I ran welded in a 35 for a while, tires didnt last. Then I had an 8.8 and stuck with a new posi and was just as pleased. I wasn't super extreme. But, money is always a concern right? JMO

Matt

No I got new tires like 8 or 9 months ago so they are well worn now. The reason I was leaning towards the posi was for on road tire wear but I was also wanting to go welded for the off-road performance. Does anyone here have an eaton posi if so how crappy did it work in the rocks. I am sopposed to be running a local trail Hiway to hell next tuesday and it is sopposed to be a locked f and r trail with 33s so I dont want to go there and it act like its open and have to get winched over everything.

Back