• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who here Herculined front or rear bumpers

I used Plasti-cote spray on bed spray for mine. It's cheap ($6-$7 per can) and works great. When you scrape off some paint with rocks or dragging something out of the back, you just hit that spot with more spray. You can't tell where the new paint went on.

-Jim C

I used it on my front bumper and my trailer tongue for the MJ bed trailer I made. I used it straight over the bare steel on the trailer tongue (roughed it up and cleaned it with zylene first!) and a year later here in northern WI, rust is showing through between the little particles in the Durabak. :( As for the bumper, it was originally painted with rusty metal brown primer and then covered with spray can paint. I made some changes to it and then roughed up the painted areas and the new bare steel as well as cleaned it all with zylene. I then covered it with Durabak. It is holding up ok a year later, but the corners have been peeled bare on rocks and with both items, the Durabak is faded and doesn't look too great. That's my real world experience. Jeff

i herc'ed my rear bumper... only did it after some whiney chick in a honda hit me and scratched my spraypaint.. worked out great.. but i'd recommend painting over the herc.. it dulls quickly.

i used some Canadian Tire Motomaster Bedliner (spray bombs) to do my c4x4 bumpers when the powder coat started to peel. it works ok, but i'm getting rust showing through. i'm going to grind out the rust spots as they show up, nail it with some rust converter, prime and then spray bomb it again. hopefully that will hold up better. hth

Well, I used the spray can Duplicolor bed liner last fall to re-coat my C4x4 bumper since the powdercoat was peeling off in large areas. I sanded it down to bare metal in the most rusted areas although there was still some pitting I couldn't get at. I hit that with rust converter and then sprayed the whole thing. It looked good until about Jan, but the new road salt they use up here has molasses in it to stick to the street and I think it stuck to the bumper too. Looks like crap again, but this time the rust is under the coating and it's not flaking off, just putting weird crater-like lesions on it. I think this time I'm gonna use a grinder to get the spots I can't sand, and then use the brush on Duplicolor for the main bumper channel, it's only like $15 a quart and use the spray to touch up the grill guard and brush guard. If you don't live in the rust belt, you could probably get away with the spray on stuff in a can, it looks good for the price and touch up's are really easy.

I used roll on stuff on my rock rails and it held up really well.

the rear bumper I used just the spray on stuff and it's held up well (hides alot of blems too)

big cherokee said:
i did it on my front with role on hurculiner and i will deffently do it on my sliders and rear bumper i also did the whole inside of the cherokee with it.

you guys say hurculiner fads..... did you guy brush on the uv protectent stuff

Back