• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best place for gears ?

randys ring and pinion is having special sale now. spicer gears, and install kit
for front and rear.

randy's is way too expensive! PM rawbrown! best prices i've seen so far... Ryan pretty quick to responding also.

brandon

Randy's has always treated me well and always have what I need in stock when I call. http://ringpinion.com/
Mike B.

Stick said:
I looked at randy's just as a reference and it looks like the lowest I can get for the front is 4:88....thats not low enough. I can get lower in the rear.

What front axle are you running? 4.88 is as low as they go for a HP dana 30 as far as i know.

I have only dealt with Randy's retail side once, they were quick to respond and help me out. Now I deal with the wholesale reps. and let me tell you, that these guys jump through fire for me. The only reason why I am fast at shipping is because Randy's is fast. Most of my orders are shipped in like 15 min after I place them.
whatever you do, stay away from 4wheel parts wholesalers... and their genuin gears... cheap, yes. I would compare them to Randy's "budget" line of gears.

Does Randy provide any technical support if you have questions during the install? I'm getting ready to do this, but I haven't installed a gear set in 20 years or so.

Robert

XJWheelie said:
Does Randy provide any technical support if you have questions during the install? I'm getting ready to do this, but I haven't installed a gear set in 20 years or so.

Robert

Yep

you can allways email me pics if you are unsure of something or have a question. Chuck D did that and I was able to help him get a really good pattern. in fact, I put a few pics on my website in the tech section of a good pattern.
I install gears on a regular basis so I do know a bit. which axle are you regearing, the 35 or 8.25?

Back