• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So Cal: want to trade: D44 w3.07LS for D44 w3.54

desertjeeper

NAXJA Member #1195
I know it's a long shot but maybe someone has a D44 with 3.54 gears (in good shape) that would rather have the 3.07s with limited slip. A trade would let me put off regearing for a while.

The rearend I have is from an '89, it is drum to drum. I don't know how many miles are on it since the instrument cluster was already gone. It seam to be in great shape, no leaks that I can see ( the center section is covered with oily dirt but this seems to have come from a transmission leak since the bottom of the XJ ,driveshaft gas tank etc. was also covered with the same stuff), there is no slack in the gears to speak of and the brakes are in good shape too. Basically as far as I can see this is ready to bolt in and go if you want the 3.07 gears.

I could possibly add some $s to the trade or take one that needs brakes on an even trade.

Shipping is probably out since shipping 2 rearends would cut heavily into the savings of not regearing.

I have a D44 with a track lock and 3.54 gears. Not willing to trade housings, or even get the 3.07's. Just want to see if you wanted to buy the locker and gears from me. I plan on going with a detroit and 4.88 or 4.56 gears. Let me know if you are interested, maybe you have something else to trade. Maybe a D44 diff cover guard of some sort?

Bryan

Thanks for the offer but I figure if I am going to have to regear then I might as well go to 4.56s since that is where I really want to be anyway, no need to do it twice.

But I do appreciate the offer anyway.

Back