• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

problem with 4.56 gears

_devildoll1

NAXJA Forum User
I just got a set of 4.56 gears and powertrax no slip for my xj. i am woundering if anyone has installed these , i was told i dont need a new carrier, i installed them and the ring gear is to big therfore i cant get the crosspin in, do i need a new carrier? or do i have to run 4.11. Id appreciate any info on this thanks.

Case Changes: 3:73 & Down, 3:91 & Up!
1887P1010426.JPG

This is not right, D30 is 3.73 & up - 3.55 & down, D35 is 3.55 & up - 3.23 & down. :wave:

_devildoll1 said:
I just got a set of 4.56 gears and powertrax no slip for my xj. i am woundering if anyone has installed these , i was told i dont need a new carrier, i installed them and the ring gear is to big therfore i cant get the crosspin in, do i need a new carrier? or do i have to run 4.11. Id appreciate any info on this thanks.

If you have an 8.25 in the rear you do not need to change the case. For the D30, like XJoachim said. When installing a lunchbox locker like yours, you may need to either take off the ring gear or just grind down the ring gear where the pin is interferring.

I have a picture of one if you need it.

I would unbolt the ring gear and put the cross pin in and then bolt the ring gear up but that is just me I try to do stuff the easy way.
DIG IT

n/m then, I thought you were asking about the D44 carrier break.

how the hell you suppose dto do that with a c-clip axle????

answer:

you can't.

all you have to do in grind down a small amount of thr topland of the ring gear tooth.....you'll be able to slide the crosspin right in.

Back