• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Idiot gauge... I need help!

Danno

NAXJA Forum User
the idiot gauge to the right of the odometer came on and I don't know what it means. Can't find the owners manuel for all the good it would do. I need some help! Thanks, Danno

3xj_gauge-med.jpg

It's the check engine light. Go to the stealership and pay a lot of money for them to hook up something and tell you what the problem is.

Have you done any work recently with any sensors or electronics? If so, disconnect the battery overnight for the computer to reset and it should fix it.

If something isn't running right go have it checked out.

Have a nice day.

Danno said:
Thanks...I'll try the computer reset first. Danno
Pull the codes before you do the reset try this: http://go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoECUcodes.htm You want to know what caused the light to go on: if you did your work with the engine off, I don't see why the light would come on when you started it (unless you have a loose wire/loose plug sill someplace).

In Cali Autozone can't do the computer code reading no more :( :( so I went out and spent $100 and bought me a little plug in thing that lets me read them and reset the comp without screwing up with my radio presets and time :D

Back